Tuesday, September 2, 2008

UNEMPLOYED...This is Where I'm at


Yes.
Unemployed is where I'm at.
Unemployed is where I've been for almost 2 months now.
Unemployed is where I'll be until God knows when.

Being where I'm at now is no fun.
No fun at all!

Yes, I get to be a 'stay-at-home-mom' (which I looooooooove to do) except this job doesn't really reimburse my talents & skills with any of those benjamins my old job had accustomed me to.
You know, that green paper that is used in the real world.
The stuff that is used to pay the mortgage and bills & buy the food to set on the table.
Sure I get the best payments in the universe... unlimited hugs & kisses, non-stop.
Seriously! I've been known to receive more than 1,000 kisses a day. And I'm NOT making that number up. Princess actually stands there kissing me AND counting to make sure I get ALL 1,000 of those kissies. That's how she pays me for things I do. And as much as I *LOVE* our payment method, the grocery store just won't accept them.
Those bastards! They don't know what they're missing out on!

sigh.

Luckily Mr Handyman has an ok job that covers our fixed monthly expenses, but at the end really only leaves us with about $300 wiggle room.
WHAT????
She's complaining when she doesn't even have to go to work & she still has money left over at the end of the month???
Ummm, NO!
Those $300 or so leftover (and that's with putting in lots & lots of OT) would be the amount that I as a good housewife *snicker* will have to work miracles & make some magic to make it be enough to cover food for the month (ouch!), and essentials like shampoo, detergent, toilet paper, dog food, deodorant, etc.

Which sadly enough meant
No new backpack for the new schoolyear.
No new shoes for the new schoolyear.
No new clothes for the new schoolyear.

But Princess & Monkey understood completely. They're such good girls, they didn't really care! They're at a new school this year, so really nobody knows them there, which means their OLD backpack is NEW to them. Their OLD shoes are NEW to them. And their OLD clothes are NEW to them. So things worked out great !

For now...

So I have to think of a way to make some extra $$$ to survive on, or actually get up off my arse and find me a 'real' job. Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

No comments: