Tuesday, September 2, 2008

No Stinking After-School Program Here


So I've been thinking...
and thinking...
and thinking some more ! ! !
(Money troubles can do this to you, you know.)

And as much as I want to go back to work asap ( for my own sanity, for money reasons, etc.), the truth of the matter is that that might not really be an option for me at this time.
See, Monkey & Princess' new school has NO after school program. Ugh!
And I don't trust anybody but family &/or school to take care of my daughters while I'm at work.

So where, Oh where am I going to find a job that lets out before 3pm??? Please do tell !
I guess that's what we get for moving to the other side of town.

So what?
Is this side of town not supposed to need that extra help with the kiddos after school?
Yes, I am aware that we now have the privilege of living in a *nicer* neighborhood than before, and as a result we don't get the advantages that the people living in the rough part of town get, ie. after school programs...
But why???
Why am I getting punished or losing benefits (persey) for pursuing a better living environment for my daughters? Now that I really NEED those after school programs so I can get my butt into the workforce, they are no longer available to me. I am now paying even MOOOOOOOOOOORE taxes than before (thanks to the dear old property taxes), which are helping fund these after school programs, yet now I cannot use them because they are not offered in this side of town. (and please, by no means think that I am trying to brag about moving into a better area, because I DO NOT mean to insinuate that we live in a luxurious neighborhood or anything even remotely close, although that would be nice! What it means is simply that we no longer live in the side of town that is full of apartment complexes and older run down houses. Where the kids are running loose in the streets well after 9pm because their parents don't care where they're at. Where cop sirens are heard blaring at least once a week. Where drug busts take place at least twice a year. Neighborhoods where grandmas are the ones usually caring for the kids because mom & dad are lowlife potheads. That neighborhood! We are no longer there, thank God.)

We are now in a neighborhood that has the BEST school district in town.
EXCELLENT schools (with NO after school programs!!!!!!!!!! >()] grrrrrrrrrr!
We have Wonderful neighbors. Your typical pta moms, lol. Basically educated people with good jobs that have these important titles and stuff.
Kinda makes me think, how the hell did WE get here?!?!?!? lol
but here we are.
and the girls are loooooving it !
as for me,
well let's just say we've been here for 2 months now and I have NOT heard 1 cop siren at all!

Go figure~!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.