Thursday, September 4, 2008

Staying at Home isn't all It's Cracked up to Be

Or is it?

Sure, as soon as the kiddos are dropped off at school I get to come straight home to make myself a delicious cup of coffee ! That makes me happy !!! So happy you dont' understand. I cannot survive without my coffee!!!

Once my delicious cup is made, I get to plop myself down in front of my 'puter and read blogs, check e-mail, read blogs & such. I just *luv* that.

But then as I see the clock heading closer to 3 o'clock, yikes!
Almost time to pick up the kiddos.


Aaaaaaaaaah!

I haven't picked up the breakfast dishes.

I haven't made the beds.

I haven't done the load of laundry.

I haven't swept or mopped.

I haven't cleaned the bathrooms.

I haven't grocery shopped.

I haven't paid the bills.

I haven't made them an after school snack.

I haven't even started dinner.

I haven't done a damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sh!t...

I wonder what hubby's reaction will be when he gets home, sees the gi-normous mess & proceeds to ask me " What have you been doing all day?"
Should I pretend to be sick?
Just jump into bed and use that as an excuse.
Cause if the truth came out, that I've just been on the 'puter all day, holy
cr@p!

It's sad to admit that my house was cleaner when I worked!
Why?
Like many mommas (I'm sure) I believed that I could do it all.

Work.

House.

Kids.

Husband.

Bills.

Extracurricular activities.

Volunteering.

Done!!! No questions about it. Tired as hell at night, but it all got done.

I am woMAN, hear me roar!!!!


But now, now that I stay at home, it's like I don't even try.
Oh, I'll do that later.
Then later comes & goes and nothing really gets done.

The house should really be a 'model home' type clean, being that I'm left home alone for 7 hours. no kiddos to be bugging me. they're both at school bugging their teachers.

Surely 7 hours is more than enough to get things done, but I don't.
Is it that these blogs are all just so interesting and addicting?

I think I need to go into rehab....
"Blog Readers Anonymous"

Seriously !




1 comment:

Carolyn...Online said...

If you find a bloggers anonymous will you let me know!?